Despite the fact that water-based inks have now been considered as an easy and quick way of creating screen printed designs, screen printing Plastisol Ink is still here to stay after leading the United States’ market over a long period of time.
After it was introduced in the screen printing industry, it already gave a good impression to people for being thicker than a water-based ink. It could also easily be stacked and it did not really dry on the screen. And thus, many have just made it easier and faster creating more intricate and more complex pieces, prints and larger pieces. Being an easy and convenient to use ink, it still is known today in the screen printing industry.
Plastisol Screen Printing Ink a Better Choice for Fabric Screen Printing
Being a specialized ink type, Plastisol ink is usually consisted of plasticizers and PVC particles making it more ideal for fabric screen printing. Due to the reason that it is classified as not water-soluble, it significantly means that printed products or items can be washed over a period of time. And, the good thing is that it does not leave a faded design.
Even if you have left it out in the open, you will notice that it won’t get dry and thus, the wire mesh can still be used even without washing it with water. Considering that it still produces an opaque and bright print, the more that it is ideal to use on color fabric and that is another reason why screen printing plastisol ink is here to stay.
Plastisol Ink Still the Most Famous Ink Utilized in the Garment Printing Industry
Plastisol Ink is still considered to be the most famous ink utilized by people, or even artists in the garment printing industry. As already emphasized above that it is still here to stay, it really proves to be valuable and many would still choose it over other ink types. It easily prints out and does not leave drying in the screen. The one thing you can notice is that it is opaque on darker garments and it exactly features adhesion to athletic jerseys, t-shirts, heat transfers, hoodies and textiles.
Another impressive benefit to obtain from the use of Plastisol Inks is that these can be printed on many various items. Thus, they can withstand any heat needed in curing the ink and they are porous enough needed in ink adhesion. As compared to the conventional dye stuffs, Plastisol inks do not actually dye the fabric threads.
Coupled by Different Characteristics which is why Screen Printing Plastisol Ink is here to Stay
One of the most popularly used inks these days, Screen Printing Plastisol Ink, is really here to stay as many were still amazed of it coupled by different characteristics. Especially when it comes to screen printing on most t-shirts, it really proves to be an ideal solution. It also mainly comes in different colors and considering its price, it is still inexpensive which is why many chose this over other ink options to find on the market. Below are the different characteristics it is known for:
- Must be Cured by a High TemperatureAnother impressive feature of plastisol ink is that it must be cured by a high temperature for it to remain dry. This is also handy in several cases making the task of screen printing easier and more comfortable for your part.
- Stays in the Bucket Containers without even DryingYou may be right in thinking that the ink stays in the bucket containers without even drying. This will give it a long life and this will let you maintain it the easier way.
- The Ink Lasts for a Long TimeOnce the screen printing Plastisol Ink has been bonded and cured through the t-shirt’s fabric, it will not really be coming off. It will also take a long time before it fades away leaving you all the more satisfied at it. Despite the wear and tear process, you will have to count for years before the ink cracks off and weakens.
- It Just Stays Fluid Making it Easier to Pass Through the MessAnother cool and interesting part about this Plastisol ink is that when you have placed it on the screen, it just remains fluid. Thus, it can easily pass through the mess and it can just stay right through it. After a few minutes, the t-shirt can now be placed on the dryer for that final curing. But, be sure that the dryer heats up at 300 degree Fahrenheit.
- Can be Mixed for that Brilliant Ink Print ColorScreen printing Plastisol Ink can be mixed for that brilliant ink print color that you want from the start. Especially if there is the presence of a matching system, it will all be easier for you to just do it. You also enjoy the opportunity of mixing Plastisol ink with various specialty inks that promise you of special and brilliant effects like metallic, glow-in-the-dark and glitter.
- Does not Blend with Glass or MetalsWhy Screen Printing Plastisol Ink is here to stay is due to its impressive characteristic of not mixing in or blending with glass or metals. This ability sets it different from the rest which is why it is a better option than the rest. Even screen cleaning is a lot easier and faster for your part due to this impressive characteristic.
- No Special Care Instructions to Follow When Washing ThemAs per the use of Plastisol ink, there is no such thing as special care instructions to follow when washing them making it easier and more convenient for your part.
The New Generation of Plastisol Ink Introduced that Conforms to the Strictest Industry Requirements
Another huge reason why screen printing Plastisol Ink is here to stay is that a newer generation of Plastisol Ink has already been introduced that conforms to the strictest industry requirements. This has already overcome the limitations of the earlier Plastisol Ink.
The combination of the highest quality ingredients, balanced formulation and unique manufacturing process all add up to it being the best from among the conventional plastisols. In regard with their shelf life, the inks are exactly the same with the traditional plastisols and are mono-component. They are easier and more convenient to handle without further limitations. They also remain plastic after days or hours of storage on the screen. And thus, one can resume screen printing without losing the materials or time brought by screen cleaning.
And as long as the right ink layers are combined, it is just easier for you to achieve good elasticity that helps avoid damage and cracking on some stretchable fabrics. These inks can also be employed on all fabric types like in textile printing, mixed fabrics, organic fibers and synthetic fibers like Lycra and polyester. When you make use of an anti-bleeding ink, other risks like colorant sublimation will be prohibited. As per this new generation of Plastisol Ink, it remains unaffected by climatic environments, humid, dry, cold or hot.
As compared to the conventional Plastisol inks, this new generation of Plastisol Ink is free from PVC that only causes harm to the environment. In contrast, the feel is softer and even the colors are not that glossy as they may seem.
Just as the health and ecological impact of chemicals used in the screen printing or textile industry are a big concern among industry stakeholders, printing inks will never be an exemption. These also have their contributions in the harmed environment.
This newer generation of Plastisol Ink completely responds to environmental concerns, such as the demand for green products. The formulation is brought by the combination of chemical compounds that do not present environmental or health concerns. Considering that the system is one-hundred percent solids, environmental organizations can attest to the fact that no such thing as volatile organic compounds will be generated.
In regard with the extended screen life and the high performance of the new generation Plastisol Ink, it means to say that the quantity of waste to be disposed is also minimized. Even the amount of chemicals and water needed in cleaning the screens is greatly reduced.
Even the inks have also conformed to the international standards of textile and have passed through certain industry specifications. Thus, there is no one who can contest the fact that screen printing Plastisol Ink will be here to stay especially as its ecological footprint related to health concerns, waste reduction, reduced energy consumption and composition is positive. The new generation of Plastisol inks demonstrates that ecology and quality can be combined bringing out many varied benefits to retailers, consumers, brand owners, textile printers and more. There is also no need to be more concerned about PVC when it gets in contact with infants.
What else are you waiting for? Feel free to purchase screen printing Plastisol Ink that is flexible, durable and vibrant and that can cover some normal applications!